What settings are bad from my previous installation? I'd like to check all
of them, one by one, if that's the problem. Restoring old settings with
Titanium backup is needed to save me couple of hours on writing down all
old settings (which as you said could contain some problems) and then
setting all of them back again. So, if the settings are the problem, I'd
appreciate any specific instructions on where to look at.

Rendering folder contains only two files:
  default.render.xml
  TryFirst.render.xml

As I mentioned earlier I can get initial default.render.xml file at any
time by removing it from the folder and then running OsmAnd. It will
re-create the file immediately. So, it's guaranteed that it's native
default file coming from OsmAnd and not changed in any way. The second file
is working well for two participants of this thread. So, it should not be a
problem too.