From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ron Carson
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:36 PM
To: Neal Luther
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Best Practice

Neal, it seems that we look at things differently:

You say:

        "we  do  higher  level  IADL  tasks ... usually to work on the
        dynamics of balance"

I look at it this way:

        I  do  higher level tasks so the patient can learn to do these
        tasks independently <and>

        I work on the dynamics of balance so the patient can do higher
        level tasks

Also,  for  me,  I know if interventions are successful if the patient
has  improved  occupational  performance.  Lastly, In my opinion, OT's
role  is  not  PREPARING  the  patient  for  return  to activity, it's
RETURNING them to activity.

Does any of this make sense or is it just "rubbish" <smile>

Ron Carson MHS, OT