From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lars
Jørgensen
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:43 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: RE: [otrs] X-OTRS-Headers - Usage

> How do you assign a variable coming from the nms?

I'm not sure I understand what you need. This is how the filter works:

NMS -> Postmaster Filter -> OTRS

So the Postmaster Filter is a preprocessor. It can examine the mail sent to
OTRS and alter it before it is delivered into OTRS. You can use regular
expressions to search for things in the message and assign queues,
priorities and other things before OTRS receives the mmessage. The
PostMaster Filter actually inserts the X-OTRS-Headers into the message.

If the mail sent from NMS doesn't contain enough information for OTRS to
automatically decide what to do with it, then you can't use the Postmaster
Filter and you have to make NMS put the info you need into the mail.

--
Lars
=http://www.otrs.com/