Hi Ale,

Each ticket has several articles. Each event on a ticket (email-external,
email-internal, email-notification-ext, email-notification-int, phone, fax,
sms, webrequest, note-internal, note-external, note-report) will create an
entry on the article table, that way is easier to track events on tickets

Please take a look at
http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/misc/otrs-2.4-database.png, and also to your
database, if you use mysql you can easily eximine it using phpmyadmin

There you'll see that each ticket has a ticket number (tn) but also an id,
which if you follow the lines will realize that is connected to a field
called ticket_id on the article table. Familiarizing yourself with the
database structure will give you a better understanding of the whole
application, give it a try, it won't bite you ;)

Leonardo Certuche
www.itconsultores.com.co