Hareendra,

Regarding question #1.  I don't think you can restrict ticket articles from
specific agents.  If an agent has read only (ro) and/or read write (rw) to a
group to which a queue belongs, that agent will be able to see everything.
If you don't want an agent to see any information about a certain ticket,
make sure that ticket is in a queue in which the agent does not have any
privileges.

Regarding question #2.  There does not seem to be an X-OTRS header in
the *PostMaster
Filters* options, where one could automatically assign an agent as an owner
to an incoming email.  But you can create a generic agent job that does
that.  You could create a Postmaster Filter that moves an incoming email
ticket to a specific queue, then create an generic agent job that assigns
any ticket in that queue to a specific agent.

If there is a more efficient way of doing this, I would be interested in
knowing how.

-Handsome Bob

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Hareendra Pelige <hareen...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
> can you help on the following since I am new to the OTRS tool.
>
> is this tool support following. If so, can you share the details to set up
> (samples would be fine)
> 1. Can we restrict showing certain texts (body parts) in the tickets for a
> set of users?
> 2. I know that OTRS can be configured to create tickets from mails
> automatically. Is there a way to assign such ticket to someone
> automatically.
> simply, I need to create a ticket and assign it to someone automatically.
>
> Thanks
> Hareendra

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A Heinlein