Hi Karin,

You're right, you *could* do it with a dummy account.
That said, OTRS is NOT a bug tracker and there is a good reason that at the
OTRS Group we're using OTRS for customer service and Bugzilla for bug
tracking.

Actually I'd recommend you would use a bug tracker to track bugs, and not
try to do it with OTRS; it will yield better results. Of course you could
integrate the two solutions; if needed.

--
Mike

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:05, Karin Foss <karin.f...@visma.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> We just started using OTRS 2.9 and OTRS ITSM and are having trouble with
> handling bugs.
>

> After analyzing an incident we find out it´s a bug. Then we would like to
> close the incident and open a new ticket with the type “Bug”. The problem is
> that if we add a new bug ticket (phone or email) you have to enter a person
> in the “from” field and we don’t want to have the customer involved in the
> bug-tickets. Do we have to create a dummy user to be able to do this or is
> there a better way of creating bugs in OTRS?
>

> Best regards
>

>  ------------------------------
>
> [image:
> http://webservice.visma.com/tools/signature/images/vismalogo-subtext.jpg]*Karin
> Foss*
> Projekt- / Förvaltningsledare
> Visma Sirius
> Kronborgsgränd 9, SE-164 87 Kista, Sweden
>

> *Switchboard*
>
> : +46 8 633 22 00
>
> *Direct*
>
> : +46 8 633 22 68
>
> *Mobile*
>
> : +46 70 494 16 14
>
> *Internet*
>
> : http://www.vismasirius.se
>
> *E-mail*
>
> : karin.f...@visma.com
>

> Visma gör din verksamhet mer effektiv:
> Programvara – Outsourcing av redovisning och lönehantering – Upphandling,
> inköp och inkasso – Retail IT-lösningar – Projekt- och konsulttjänster

<<image001.jpg>>