On 3.9.201, Nils spake unto us the following wisdom:

>>Hi Chris,

Hi Nils

> I modify the existing default reply (after new ticket has been created). Type
> is auto reply. I then go into auto responses<->queues. I am a little confused
> here, on what to click, so i click the queue and Change "auto reply" settings
> to default reply (after new ticket has been created) and click update.

>>Thats should be all you have to do if the “default reply (after new ticket
>>has been created)” is still set to “valid".

It is set to valid

> I then click on the default auto response, there is nothing to change in here
> as this is the default auto response, right?

>>It is one of the “auto reply” emails, yes. You can define your own ones if
>>you like.

> Then i send an email to the email address and i can see the ticket created
> but no auto response to that email i sent. The last log in otrs is at Thu Mar
> 8 21:17:22 2012 EST. I don't see any errors on the mail server and no errors
> on the web server which is running otrs.

>>Are you sure that the ticket is created in the right queue where you assigned
>>the auto-response to?

I think so, i click on "support" queue in auto responses<->queues and set
default reply (after new ticket has been created).

>>Try to create ticket by yourself using the phone ticket screen and create the
>>ticket in the queue where you assigned the auto->>response to. Do you get a
>>auto-response then to the customer (probably you) that you defined on the
>>ticket? Make sure the assigned >>customer has a valid (syntactically) email
>>address.

I do this and i see the default reply (after new ticket has been created)
response :)
but check my email and no email. My firewall does not show any drops or errors
in regards to smtp or the ip address of the servers. Neither do the servers in
/var/log/mail.err or any other log file show any errors in regards to this
issue. Does sending email need to be setup in otrs? I have tried sendmail and
smtp with the settings of our email server.