Hi Chris,

On 09.03.2012, at 14:03, Chris Arnold wrote:

>>> Try to create ticket by yourself using the phone ticket screen and create
>>> the ticket in the queue where you assigned the auto->>response to. Do you
>>> get a auto-response then to the customer (probably you) that you defined on
>>> the ticket? Make sure the assigned >>customer has a valid (syntactically)
>>> email address.
>
> I do this and i see the default reply (after new ticket has been created)
> response :)
> but check my email and no email. My firewall does not show any drops or
> errors in regards to smtp or the ip address of the servers. Neither do the
> servers in /var/log/mail.err or any other log file show any errors in regards
> to this issue. Does sending email need to be setup in otrs? I have tried
> sendmail and smtp with the settings of our email server.

Good news you can see the response added as an article to the ticket.

Is the FROM email address that have if you send an email to your OTRS the same
as one of your OTRS email addresses? If so OTRS will not send anything as the
response would just appear again in the system, which would be considered as
loop and is not executed.

Is there any PostMaster Filter configured that might flag your ticket as loop
=> yes?

Is your email address listed in the black-list of email addresses where OTRS
doesn’t send a response to? (e.g. Nagios emails)

Cheers, Nils
--
http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project