Anyone?

Sorry for generic or perhaps not very clear question. I'm not a programmer,
but my programmer wanted to know this and therefore I try to forward his
request.

My programmer has made a webapplication that will use the create ticket
functionality from outside OTRS and we will also link to existing OTRS
tickets (inside OTRS) to reply to them from this external webapplication.
The idea is to not log into two separate systems, but let OTRS handle the
login and use this so that any agent who is logged into OTRS will also be
automatically logged into our application aswell or let users who log into
our webapplication be authenticated through OTRS.

My programmer needs to know how to set up an OTRS connector the best way
and what protocol to use. Also possibly a link to some API info (version 3
of OTRS) that describes this. Soap, rpc other?

I read somewhere that OTRS 3.1 has a lot more work done to WSDL and was it
SOAP? Any info on this?

Thanks a lot for you help and time.

Best regards,
Andy