Another idea would be to check the database for the username, passwords and
validity. If all checks out through your other system's login, user could
be granted access, otherwise no.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 18, 2012, at 9:54 AM, Andy Wodfer <wod...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for all your help so far.

Are there any examples available that shows how a user/agent can be
authenticated through OTRS?

What my programmer is trying to do is the following:

- We're creating an order flow system that does all the customer
communication through OTRS emails/tickets.

- We don't want to log into two separate systems and we need to find a way
to authenticate users through OTRS when logging into the new order flow
system so that the user/agent can jump between the two browser windows and
always stay logged into both systems (unless the session times out like
OTRS does today).

Just wondering if there are any examples around that can help us get
started on this.

Your help is much appreciated. I'm not a programmer so I apoligize in
advance incase what I ask is not clear enough.

Best regards,
Andy