On 30.04.12 14:17, Muhammad El-Sergani wrote:
Hi all,

I know this is more of an HTTPD question, rather than OTRS - or so I
believe. But I think you are more than capable of replying back with the
answer in no time.

We used to call our OTRS server using the server IP, and not that
currently the server holds nothing but OTRS in the default RPM
installation directory; //opt/otrs/. We recently acquired added a DNS
record support.company.com <http://support.company.com> and pointed that
to the OTRS server.

Running CentOS and HTTPD, of course typing the domain name shows the
default Apache welcome screen, we have to add //otrs/index.pl
<http://index.pl>/ to access the server. Is it possible to access our
OTRS by just going to the domain name?

Thanks
//M

Not knowing your current Apache configuration it's hard to know where exactly the problem comes from. But you might have to set your DocumentRoot to /opt/otrs for the virtual host OTRS is running in (or for the default httpd configuration) and you will most probably also have to adapt /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_otrs.conf (or however your OTRS httpd configuration file is named) if you want to get rid of the intermediate "otrs" in the URL.

frank