From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jan
Kandziora
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 4:54 PM
To: owfs-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Owfs-developers] First Post and some questions

Dear All,

I'm currently developing an automation project - a semiautomatic vending
machine with a lot of devices attached remotely - in which I plan to use
1-Wire chips as interface to "the real world".

I'm glad some people already developed something useful for 1-Wire and Linux.
I have already played a little with owfs and the sample chips I have here, but
now first questions arise:

* The host platform will be MIPS (AMD Alchemy), not i386. May there be any
problems with that e.g. Endian-issues?
* The machine will have more than one host. I understood I can use "owserver"
on the "slave" hosts (modified X-Terminals) to connect 1-Wire devices there
and access them via TCP/IP. Correct?
* How is the timing in this configuration? About 0.5 second granularity in
0-1-0 switches would be nice although 1 second is tolerable, too.
* What's up with the Tcl binding? The ow.so file seems to be missing - at
least, I could not make sense of the SWIG guided build process - know enough
of SWIG to avoid it, though.

I have knowledge in near-hardware programming in C and a little on the Tcl/C
interface to address problems myself if there should arise any. Mind if I
join the development team? However, I need someone to guide me - a project
one didn't start self is totally confusing first.

Kind regards

        Jan