With the amount of wireless devices it would be great to have a universal radio
transmitter/receiver whereby you could create a library of drivers to which you
could use owfs to interact with the device.

Examples
Some power meters have a remote screen, weather stations and you can get AC
power sockets that have a simple rf remote control for 4 sockets, cheap rf
based relay modules used for garage doors etc.

I don't know if there is a standard carrier (433khz) for these types of devices
nor how complicated the various protocols would be however if there was an
environment within owfs to construct rf commands for read and write and send
them through a serial port to a rf modulator it could be cool.

Sent from my iPhone