+1 agree with Ken

Also compared to a backlit device such as an iPad or tablet I find the eye
strain considerably less especially when reading for long periods. Battery
life on Kindle is also comparable to the Sony's month, but as Ken mentioned
it is more to do with page turns.
The third gen Kindle (which I have now been waiting to be shipped for a
month grrrr) is supposed to have a better contrast ratio than the second gen
(which I currently have) and is a slightly smaller device but with the same
screen size.

Simon