On 3 September 2010 16:21, Simon Reed <simon.spectre.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can't comment on AMOLED as I haven't used one before but I would think as
> the device is still a light generating source as opposed to a eInk which
> requires another source to read the same strain would occur. However I know
> people who have no issue with reading from a standard lcd for hours on end
> which would drive me insane.

LCD backlit isn't so good in daylight.  AMOLED is better - but transflective
devices are better again.

> For anyone looking I would say beg, borrow or steal one of each variety
> before buying and go with what suits (note I am not endorsing stealing :) ).
> How energy efficient are the new AMOLED devices anyway?

Better than backlit.  I'm thinking it's a question like 'how many pages from
an inkjet cartridge' - in that it depends how much of the screen is  on.
 Unlike backlighting, which requires the backlight to all be on.