What about for someone with not much experience?

For me personally I have quite a few years experience in development with
other langauges. However I have only used .net in a few minor/small
projects.

Would a certification benefit me in an interview if I didn't have much
commercial experience in .net technologies, but say 6-8 years in other
languages/projects?