On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Keith Peck <kp...@smsmt.com> wrote:

>  Have a chat to a stamp maker. I'm sure you aren't the first person to
> want a metal stamp and certainly won't be the last.
> A laser cutter will be able to do what you want, but they are restricted by
> the width of the cutting "beam", which in the cases I've seen is actually
> quite wide, something in the area of 1mm.
>
> Worst case scenario is you will need to go to a jeweller.

Yeah that'll start getting too expensive for what I am setting up as
essentially a gag at TechEd this year.

I mailed the jetcutter people Mike Minutillo recommended and I'll see what
they can do. I suspect the tolerances I am after are too fine to be done
cheapishly.

--
*David Connors* | da...@codify.com | www.codify.com
Software Engineer