On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Andrew Coates (DPE AUSTRALIA) <
andrew.coa...@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I’m not sure I get the yearning for a start menu. Maybe I use it
> differently from others, but the metro screen lays out my commonly used
> apps nicely, and anything else I need I can find just by typing the first
> couple of letters of its name. The metro screen comes to the front when I
> hit the Windows button (like the start menu does in 7) and all my keyboard
> shortcuts work (and then some).****
>
> **

I agree with you. The start menu had run it's course. Think of it like
this, once you have more than half a dozen programs installed navigating
the start menu becomes a nightmare.  Trying to navigate through multiple
menu levels, remember which option was in which folder. It is painful. The
most efficient way to use the start menu is to click on it and type the
name of what you want to run. Type 'word' and Microsoft word will pop up,
type 'Control Pa..' and the control panel will pop up. This is exactly how
the new start screen works. Cut out the rubbish multi level menus and just
type what you want. It's so easy. You can navigate manually with the mouse,
which is painful. But no more painful than the current start menu, just
different.

Craig