Folks, I thought I'd install VS2012 RTM on Windows 8 release Preview Build
8400 to experiment with some Metro apps, but it won't install due to: "The
.NET Framework installed on this machine does not meet the minimum required
version: 4.5.50709". Web searches find lots of complaints about this, but no
answers. A few weeks ago someone in here had a problem with Metro app
development, so I'm wondering how you actually got far enough to get
started. Can anyone tell me how to get off the starting blocks to experiment
with Metro apps? Are there any extra dependencies or downloads required?
I'll keep searching in the meantime.

As an aside for Friday: I'm still wondering and worried about Windows 8 and
Metro Apps. I fired-up Window 8 after a few weeks and I relived the initial
shock of first seeing it ... I forgot where everything was, I forgot the
"hidden" shortcuts, I forgot how to do things ... it was like bumbling
around in a dark room again. I thought I'd learn to live with it, but I
remain shocked and bewildered by the new Start interface, especially by
having my 2560x1440 screen turned into a gigantic mobile phone that shows
one app at a time. I also wonder about "The App Store" and who manages the
quality, quantity and profits of what appears in it. The whole Windows 8
experience leaves me with a feeling of dread and unease.