> Also consider not using a VM at all. Your life gets much easier when you
> deploy websites and DBs as platform services.

*Unfortunately*, one of the web services uses a native DLL which uses the
file system. I'm going to migrate that stuff off my server into the VM with
little change. Then I'll have to install the cert and change the DNS.

*Fortunately*, that legacy suite is being redesigned and rewritten now ...
it's well underway and the end result is planned to be a set of scalable
Azure hosted services and databases. The file system is being replaced with
Blob storage, the 1990s vintage login system is being replaced with Auth0,
a large set of txt config files has been normalised into a SQL DB, and so
on. It's a great project to work on.

*Other Greg*