NBN = wholesale. They only provide the plumbing so when people say NBN
failure it's scope is only actual physical installation and/or speed to
your POI without CVC constraints (example to give a household 100Mbps
connection costs around $1500 a month so retail providers hedge their bets
and play the airlines overbooking system - let's assume 10x customers
aren't on 24/7 at full speed and buy 1x 100Mbps to feed 10 or so customers
each at $100-140)

NBN != Retail: Retail Service Providers (RSP) are the ones that define the
speed and extras like IP addresses as they are the ones you authenticate
with ..

Problem with the NBN is we lump everything at their feet but ignore the RSP
.. they also play that game aswell "sorry you're getting 10-60% throughput
as your area is congested.. wholesale eh.. "

No .. your connection even in a shitty neighbourhood will actually travel
100 Mbps in full to a POI (point of internet) but from their it's where RSP
and Wholesale collide "you didn't supply me with speed" "I will if you pay
for it??"

So for IP extras etc it's the RSP ..

Side note: if you hate your speeds and want to get out of paying for it.
Complain to the TIO with this specific question "what's the definition of a
fault" .. under Australian Consumer Law a RSP will need to answer that and
it doesn't muddy the waters over "min vs max" as in order to answer that
the ownership is placed on the RSP.

Today there's no actual legislation that covers fibre at all  outside the
ACL. The telecommunications act only covers copper .. and RSP is bound by a
code of conduct or face losing their communication licence but that's
pretty open as well.

ACCC only take action if ACL is broken and at best they recommend
legislation

Aust com own the licenses but not the law

TIO are just a mediator and have no actual power beyond "please"

Welcome to the NBN.. I've had it since 2010 and shits only gotten worse not
better but because of RSP behaviours

--
---
Regards,