> Don't you have MSDN? They give you a couple of hundred a month in free
> compute.

Yep! I get $200/month free. I'm using about half of that per month at the
moment, so I created a cheap A0 VM which I'm configuring at the moment with
SQL Express and IIS.

I just discovered that my NBN IP silently changed again overnight without
any apparent interruption, so it's an ongoing problem. It looks like most
NBN providers consider a fixed IP to be a "business" requirement and to get
it they would shove you up to some business plan as an excuse to charge you
a lot more for very little. Exetel seems to provide a free fixed IP for
home accounts.

My current plan is to commission the Azure VM as the new host of my domain,
databases and files. My home server will only remain for a while for
in-house development and testing.

*GK*