From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com <ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com> On Behalf
Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Thursday, 16 July 2020 10:35 AM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: Xamarin macOS app

No, it didn't create the Android and iOS projects after the popup errors, just
the UWP, Wasm and Shared are there.

I'm wondering if people are developing and testing Uno projects on Windows that
target macOS. At around 02:50 in this beginners
video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyo2BI4rn0g> he installs the Uno
extensions, and he's clearly in VS2019 on Windows, so I guess he just has all
the Xamarin dependencies present (that's not mentioned). Around 12:00 he runs
the iOS emulator ... how? A few years ago when I first tried Xamarin Forms I
had to run a server on the Mac and Windows connected to it with a special
protocol (I forget the details now), which was all quite clumsy and irritating.
That's why when VS for Mac came out I switched all Xamarin development over to
it.

Did the Uno extension create the solution, even if there were errors loading
the ios and android projects? If so, I’d suggest removing the projects you
don’t want (probably just leading the MacOS head project and the Shared
project), committing the whole thing to source repo and then opening on your
mac. In theory this should just work but I haven’t tried it as I haven’t spent
much time building specifically for mac.