My apologies to the list - PUPPs stands for Pruritic Urticarial Pustules and
Papules of pregnancy.  From what I understand it is a skin condition only
and not something more sinister (my friend has had liver function and
biochemistry to exclude cholestasis and all results have come back normal).
It is however causing her unbearable itching and stress - lack of sleep
compounding the discomfort and wearing her down.  She is 32 weeks but
already asking for induction (the itching usually subsides once the baby is
born).  I have a feeling that for her, it is related to her worries about
being at home with two small children - feeling isolated and with no family
support and few friends.  We have talked about hypnosis as a way of managing
the itching and to help her get some sleep and she is keen to give it a go
but neither of us know where to start looking.  She is in Melbourne.
I'm really hoping someone on the list can help.
Regards, Maxine