Title: Re: PUPPS
Hi Sonya

I was a doula, recently,  for a woman who had PUPPS. Her symptoms were particularly bad in the last few weeks of pregnancy and she had the baby 10 days before "due date". Her rashes, blotches and itchiness diminished after the birth ( but she was taking medication too) and were almost gone at 3 weeks after birth. Not one week. This was her second child.

Cheers Margie

From: "Barry MacGregor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:32:26 +1000
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: re: PUPPS

Thanks everyone for your replies.
All my lady's liver function tests have come back normal, however she had a haemoglobin test that went from 112 in one week to 90 the next.  Don't know if this is related or not.  I have asked all the senior midwives and doctors about PUPPS and all have said that it spontaneously resolves within a week after the birth and that it affects first time mothers only.  They have all been unable to direct me towards any literature on the subject like what is the cause.
Thanks again
Sonja