Hi there Tania, I am a BMid student @ Flinders Uni in Adelaide SA. There is
another Uni here in SA (UNISA) & 2 Uni's in Victoria offering Bmid this year
for the first time. The entry criteria for UNISA was scores based, or what
they call TER ranking, which goes on yr school leaving score or yr Mature
Entrance Exam score. Flinders did this but also asked for applicants to
submit a 1000 word essay outlining the changes/challenges facing midwifery at
this time & what they saw their role in that would be.
I am not sure what the Victorian Unis entry criteria was.
At this stage UTS does not offer the BMid, I think they will next year or
soonish at any rate.
The workload is do-able, the major crisis facing Flinders atm is that the Uni
has not been able to renew its Public Indemnity Insurance for any of its
students or staff to work or gain placements in maternity or obstetric areas.
The placements I will be doing in a few weeks time will be general nursing.
UNISA & the 2 Unis in Vicland do not yet face this crisis, but it may come
when their insurance runs out in June/July.....
I am 36, a single parent of 2 girls, live 45 mins by car away from Uni, and
coping. (sometimes only just:))
The person to contact @ UTS is prolly Nicki Leap, I dont have her email addy
here right now but someone will:)