Nice definition Aviva - and Congratulations!!! on your "baby" - Happy birthday to Leslie,
pinky
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Bumper stickers for ladies!

Hello, All,

I refer to myself as a human being, a woman, as a lady, but most importantly, as me.

One of my definitions of Woman: Woe to any man who attempts to harness me!

A very dear male friend of mine defines a lady as a woman who has the patience to sit while the gentleman goes around to make her life just that little bit easier for a moment, by opening the car door and hold it open for her...to show his appreciation of her. After all, if she's wearing a dress, &/or high heels, OR is pregnant, mothering, menopausing, PMT-ing, or otherwise feeling in any way vulnerable, small acts like opening heavy doors etc., can make her life easier. Personally, I like that. It was only when I was pregnant with Leslie and found opening very heavy doors to public buildings, and standing in trams became an issue for me, that I realised being a lady DID NOT mean sitting with one's knees together, but meant allowing others to make my life pleasanter.

Enough of my prattling...I have some wonderful news! I'll put it in a separate email, so for those who have had no interest in the lady bit will still read it!

Love to all the women, ladies, gents etc. on the list,

Aviva