Dear Lieve,

These people must be exceptional people to choose this pathway on this
journey. Many people take a different pathway and end their pregnancy at
this junction.

I have not experienced this in my homebirth journey.

I think/feel that all the same things apply as for any birth, with
gentleness and calmness.

Watching with wonder as the cycle of birth and death moves quickly for
the little one.

Allowing events to unfold.

Trusting your intuitive knowledge and trusting the parent's intuitive
knowledge to act or not act as appropriate.

I personally would feel it a great honor and privilege to be with a
family in this situation. I am honored to be present at birthing and I
have also been honored to be present at dieing.

Recently we spoke on this list about the links many of us have with
birth and death. Death is not to be feared but is, like birth, a
'gateway' experience.

I think that this is not much help but is how I feel and how my
attitude/heart is about this.

Sally Westbury