Hello You all,
It was a time I wasn't on the list, but again I joined your interesting
conversation.
The discussion about fear and having a previous c-section is very actual for
me now. I have a mother who is now 42 weeks and preparing for c-section. She
has had one with her first for breech position. She had an elective cesarian
at 39 weeks. We have done now all we could to help her to at least start
labour. She wanted so hard to feel contractions, so that she once felt how
it is and also for the baby to be prepared. We used bachflowers, homeopathy,
footmassage with essential oils and a lot of talking, helping her with her
feelings, giving warmth and support.
Yesterday she was with the gyn and she told her that she has a lot of women
with a first cesarian that aren't going in labor with the next pregnancy.
She thought that the scar could be the cause, because of cutting some
nerves. That messages from the muscles of the womb couldn't reach the cervix
anymore. Has anyone heard of this?
I think that fear is the reason here. Fear to fail.

Warm greetings
Lieve