Hi Mary,

>> If midwives actually ask for this larger payment, would women still want to
>> have their services?

I think women still want their services, but Sydney midwives are way out of
some mamas price range.

> Women now have an income from the Government that would pay for the midwife,
> but many parents see this as a payment to relieve the mortgage, clear debt
> or buy a big TV.

Or, some women use that money so they can stay at home longer with their new
bub. For my sis, in sydney, it was a choice between having a very much wanted
homebirth and only being able to stay at home with her bub for 6 weeks or
birthing in a birth centre and being able to stay at home for 6 months.

the money from the government, despite what some people may do with it, is a
generous offer to help out with the costs of staying at home with a new baby.
It seems that in Sydney, midwives prices have gone up whenever the baby bonus
has gone up. I think it is really sad that women in Sydney have to pay more and
use more of that money when women allover the rest of the country get to have a
homebirth and also have the benefits of reduced stress levels because of the
leftover baby bonus they receive.

I think midwives are worth it if a woman so desires, but I don't see how come
Sydney midwives are worth soooo much more??

Abby xo