My original message on the subject mentioned the mod_perl success stories
as well as perl.com success stories. But I suppose my point was more or
less that it would be nice if there was a centralized place for all success
stories related to Perl with a searchable database cross referencing the
features of Perl that this success story was related to.

Let's say someone has success with SOAP::Lite and mod_perl. Then, if it
ever becomes a success story, it will probably be either submitted to
mod_perl and SOAP::Lite but probably not both (even if SOAP::Lite has
success stories section)...

Whereas, module authors from mod_perl to POE to SOAP::Lite wouldn't have to
maintain their individual success stories. Instead, they could become
categories in a central success stories area allowing for easy searching
and comparison.

The thing is that each success story area that I see in Perl seems to be a
bit "small", but if there was one large one that module authors would
forward their own success stories to, it would be a more impressive
database and also make it easier to do comparisons.

Also, right now success stories have to be linked as HTML. I don't think
they are indexed with category/subcategory information that would make them
easy to search.

However, I am willing to admit that maybe this is overkill. Maybe this is a
silly idea. :)

However, I just wanted to reiterate the original idea because it seems to
have gotten lost. :)

At 11:55 PM 7/31/2002, Leon Brocard wrote:
>Perrin Harkins sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > I remember O'Reilly was doing this for a while and publishing them on
> > perl.com and in brochures.  Maybe Nat knows more about that effort?
>
>The new mod_perl site has some success stories:
>http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/index.html
>
>Leon
>--
>Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
>scribot.................................http://www.scribot.com/
>
>... Want a stupid answer? Ask me anything!

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eXtropia - The Open Web Technology Company
http://www.eXtropia.com/
Office: (65) 64791172 Mobile: (65) 96218290