I really think of this as something that should be front-and-center on
the www.perl.org site.  There's
certainly excellent content on perl.com and perl.apache.org, but there's
no obvious place to start with
questions like "who has successfully implemented a high-traffic web site
with Perl, and how did they do it?".

Unfortunately the www.perl.org site appears to be unmaintained at the
moment, and I don't see any
obvious links from there heading over to p5ee.perl.org...

-Jason