> I was interested in what most customers would choose. Given the choice
> between: 1) more features, 2) quicker delivery, or 3) fixing an assertion
> failure that only occurs under Gremlins, I maintain that #3 would not be
> most folks' choice. :)

3) should never happen if you know what your dealing with in the first place
*g*

> > six months later, a new device comes out - and, woah.. the application
> > they paid good money for no longer works? should the re-contact you to
> > fix these problems? surely, thats a good business model for you isn't
it?

> You're trying to predict the future, and that's not possible.

no, its not prediction. i have been programming palmos for quite some time
now, and, i have seen the migration from Palm Pro -> III -> IIIc -> m515
-> Tungsten|T. always been some quirks between versions, and, to be honest
with you, palm started creating better tools as of palmos 3.5+ :)

> > > Have you ever heard of a guy spending a week fixing an obscure bug?
> > > Has that guy ever been you? :)
> >
> > yes. and, yes. :)
>
> I maintain that there are situations where that bug should not be fixed.

a bug is a bug :) but, if microsoft fixed all their bugs - they wouldn't
be where they are now - but, you and i are not microsoft :) they can get
away with some critical bugs (ps: try reading one of the EULA's :))

> > it doesn't take long for you to fix such a small obscure bug. i do it
> > daily for all my other developers (yes, i am mr. bug fixer in my full
> > time work) :P
>
> Better to teach them to fix their own bugs, it seems to me.

they are newbies. theyt get stuck, i help them, they learn. :) but, i
surely dont let them ignore any issues. if they come across issues, i
explain why they occur, and, they normally have enough info/passion
to go and fix it themselves.

> > > In any case, I'm still looking for answer to my question about the
> > > severity of the report. Is "Invalid insertion point" a real bug that
> > > would affect my app's performance in the real world?
> >
> > well, it probably isn't *that* severe.
>
> That doesn't answer the question, which indicates to me that the answer
> isn't known.

i have dynamic forms/code where i am dealing with text fields a lot,
however, i have never seen that gremlins message. guess that makes
me a bad coder hey? cause i dont know the answer to your problem?

---
Aaron Ardiri                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CEO - CTO                                               +46 70 656 1143
Mobile Wizardry                          http://www.mobilewizardry.com/