Susan, if you buy the Delphi receivers, you have the choice of a car kit, which comes
with a cassette adapter, or you can buy an fm modulator sold separately the boom box
or the home kit. the roady is smaller, also made buy Delphi. they were offering an fm
modulator with it free for a while, but that promo is probably over. you get power
from the cigarette lighter plug.

-- "Susan Wojtecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tim,
You mentioned having used Replace PCR or whatever it was called.  Just
wondered whether you use JAWS or WindowEyes, since some people have
suggested that JAWS does not read this display as easily.

I'm still not sure whether to go with the PCR or to get the boombocx and the
car adapter kit so the whole family can have access, and will probably have
to decide one or the other for budgetary reasons.  Can anyone with the
boombox comment on its accessibility in terms of activation, channel
selection, and presets?  Not having yet seen one of these critters or had
sighted help to describe what's on the website, I'm fuzzy about dimensions
and controls etc.--did someone say that there is a remote control that has
to be used to change functions or did I misunderstand.  Also, since I'm not
sure whether our car radio is XM ready, I couldn't tell from the site
whether or not I need an FM modulator in order to continue to listen to
regular radio stations or whether this is essentially something that plugs
into a cigarette lighter or some such to allow the boombox to play in the
car, hope this makes sense.  I realize how technically clueless I sound
here, smile, but any answers I get from you all mean questions I don't have
to ask their tech support folks.  Again, thanks for helping me to understand
this.

Susan