I have been working with John Wilson's and Rick Harmon's Goldwave tutorials.
I have followed their recommendations for settings and have been trying to
replicate their actions.  However, I'm running into the following problems
and hope the people on this list can help.

1.  F4, the green play button, won't work unless I first press another key,
in this instance F6, fast forward.  By contrast, shift-F4, for yellow play,
works without a hitch.

2.  Pressing insert-3 for the insert line gives me no useful information.
JAWS says, "File.  Action..." but no numbers.  Similarly, alt-shift-d and
the other partial status info shortcuts don't read anything.

Note that I do have JAWS Goldwave scripts installed.  I've confirmed it with
JAWS key-0 and also by pressing JAWS key-1, where the JAWS-scripted
keystroke functions are reported.  For example, pressing alt-shift-d in this
mode causes JAWS to verbalize something along the lines of, "says duration
of the file."

One more fact, in case it's relevant.  I installed the Goldwave scripts
earlier this year into my JAWS 6.2 folder, but hardly ever practiced with
goldwave and don't recall how they worked.  Now that I'm seriously applying
myself, I've been switching back and forth between 6.2 and 8.0.  I'm getting
the same limited amount of goldwave script information in both versions,
though I realized today that I never copied the Goldwave scripts into my
JAWS 8 folders.  JAWS 8 tells me that the Goldwave scripts are, indeed,
installed.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian