From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Gary King
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 12:57 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: TV on computer list, unsuccessful

It's true that there is other software that can operate a tuner card and
schedule recordings, but  accessibility is not guaranteed.  The advantages
of Media Center are that in the program itself, the controls are standard,
eliminating the need for any scripts, and you can read the descriptions of
each program in the Program Guide.  Also, Media Center comes with Windows,
giving us a standard user interface to work with.  Media Center in Vista and
Windows 7 must be fairly similar since my remote control that was designed
for Vista also works well with Media Center in Windows 7.

Gary King
w4...@bellsouth.net