I now have the Winamp EQ controls working. They are even announcing their values as I change them. I just tried disabling the Winamp scripts in Jaws manage application settings. So, either the latest version of Jaws already has full support for Winamp and I didn't need the older scripts from Jim Grimsby or Winamp is sending text to the screen reader.

Maybe it is built in Jaws support because I just tested with NVDA and the values aren't being announced.

It was actually NVDA that made me realize the controls are working and to try turnong off Jim's scripts in Jaws. I'd tried NVDA with Winamp a few days ago and was able to change the EQ. Although I couldn't read the values, I could hear the difference.

Don't know why Jim's scripts blocked the EQ controls. At least they had the value of providing Jaws help for some of the functions and commands that I'd forgotton.

Bob