From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On
Behalf Of Don O'Malley
Sent: November 2, 2010 2:16 PM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] Sunsolve retirement and actual state

Hi Jon,

The issues are totally unrelated to the SunSolve retirement.

Both patchdiag.xref and pca will continue to work once SunSolve is retired.

This will require you to create an Oracle SSO account to access My Oracle
Support (http://support.oracle.com) and subsequently provide your existing Sun
Contract ID on initial login in order to be able to automate patch downloads
via wget.
You should be able to do this today by following these steps:

1) Go to https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html (MOS) & click "Register"
in the green "Get Started" box
2) Complete required personal info to set up MOS SSO account.
3) Once you have gone through account setup successfully, wait a couple of
minutes for your account to be setup and then login to MOS.
4) You are now redirected to MOS "User Registration", where you need to provide
the following info:
    a) Support Contract Identifier & agree to the Oracle Terms Of Use:
       Sun Customers should select the "Sun Contract Identifier" option and
enter in their existing Sun Contract ID here.
      (You find your Sun Contract ID by logging into SunSolve with your
existing Sun Online Account username/password and clicking the "Update
Account<http://sunsolve.sun.com/edit-user-form.do>" link on the top right of
the page. Your Sun Contract Identifier(s) are the entries in the "Current
Contracts:" field on this page.)
    b) Your contact information
5) When you've completed the Registration form (ensuring that you have a Green
tick opposite "Support Identifier, Terms of Use"), click "Send" to complete
registration & receive confirmation that you have registered successfully.

Once you have registered successfully and the migration from SunSolve to MOS is
complete, you should be able to see Sun patches via the "Patches & Updates" tab
in MOS (until then you'll see a page redirecting you to SunSolve).

Successful Oracle SSO registration and association of a Sun contract to your
SSO account will enable you to wget patch downloads from the new
getupdates.oracle.com patch download service.

Details of the new patch download service are available from
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-79-1199543.1-1.

Best,
-Don

Jon Price wrote:

So those problems are not related to sunsolve being retired?

Is there any possibility that pca will not work or will work less well when
sunsolve is retired?

Jon

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Don O'Malley