> The worlds third largest film manufacturer, Agfa,
> will stop the production of film. Agfa will gradually
> fade out film production. The reason is that the 35mm
> and APS film market is shrinking while the sales of
> digital cameras is exploding in most markets.
> Will others follow?
>

> Pål

Can there be any doubt?  Of course others will follow.
The only question remaining is, "When will we be forced
to go digital ourselves?"

I have an inexpensive digital camera to do minor things
with right now and I think lots of us on the list have
them. Mine is probably one of the lower end models.

I'm trying to plan for the time when I will buy a Pentax
digital that will use my Pentax lenses and accessories.
We know it's almost here but the price is going to keep
it out of my reach for a while.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to use my film cameras as long
as I can afford to do so. As the demand for film drops,
the film processing industry is going to contract a bit,
as well.  The demand for DIY developing chemicals will
also slow down.  The only thing I don't see a major slow
down for, now at least, is the production of large,
high-quality prints.

Making large prints will remain a viable business as long
as pro-level printers are out of reach in price for the
average home computer user.

Len
---

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org