james apilado writes:

> When the Yellow Father in Rochester gives the word that they are stopping
> film production I will unload all my equipment, except for one camera, my
> very first Pentax, a Honeywell Pentax H3.
> Jim A.

Why?  By then, Pentax will have a good priced 24 Megapixel full frame CCD
SLR body for all of our K lens, and M42 too with the trusty adapter.  We
will email our digital snaps to the local lab, and pick up the digital
prints in 1 hour.  Our Pentax bodies might eventually become curiosities,
but our Pentax glass should be good for decades.  I for one, am closer to
the choice of glass than the body I use.  When I want a shot, my priorities
are: glass, film, body, in that order.

Did you know people are still producing Super 8 movie film, even though
Kodak stopped a few years back ('96?).  It's a niche market, but it is
available, in new emulsions, including processing and copying to VHS.

Cheers,
Gerald

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org