I wrote:

> ... owner of course would have to invest seriously
> into digital imaging, something Agfa-Gevaert as a group of chemical
> and pharmaceutical companies is not really interested to do.

Here I mixed up some things. Agfa has sold the general chemical and
pharmaceutical units a long time ago and concentrates on professional
imaging systems currently, this is mainly graphical systems,
digital printing, prepress, medical and industrial imaging, quality
control and other system-oriented areas. So they are well positioned
in the digital world already.

In case they would like to part from the classical consumer
photographic film (as Handelsblatt writes, but Agfa denies), this is
not because they can't make digital components, but because they
don't see a chance that investments in chemical film would pay back
very much in future. Some business magazines speculate, that they
want to fuse the consumer film unit with another smaller company
active in this field, like e.g. Konica.

However, film production not to be stopped. But digital is here.

Ralf

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org