Ralf wrote:

>They won't
> stop producing film now. But they think and prepare for the day when
> digital will become the mainstream market.

This is what I was saying. That they will fade the film out. They will do this in
order to spend resources on other areas. By analysts, this is seen as sensible
decicions. Theres no doubt from the interview that quitting the film production
totally is the final goal. According to the Agfa boss it would be unvise and
irresponsible for Agfa to ignore the market trends but he stress that Agfas retreat
from film manufacturing will happen gradually.
The fact remains that the digital explosion have exceeded all expectation and I'm
certain both film and camera manufacturers are re-evaluating their plans.

Pål

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org