Alan wrote:

> But to be serious, I believe they have learnt that their top end bodies did
> not sell very well (really belong to Nikon, Canon and Minolta), so they have
> been very careful when it comes to top end bodies.

Actually, Pentax has been far more sucessful than Minolta regarding sales of expensive
bodies.

>Afterall, they cannot
> make too many mistakes like the LX, the SFX series and the Z-1 series did.
> And a product line is nothing without enough earning.

The LX was extremely sucessful and I believe the SFX was too judging from the number
autofocus F lenses (1.5 million)
they sold in the 2-3 years they were offered. In comparioson, the FA series took 7
years to reach the same volume.

Pål

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.