Paal nailed that one straight on the head! Japan is very much a buy now, buy
again market regardless of the cost and especially for high-priced toys.

Not speaking for myself, but it is quite common to see top of the line
cameras from all brands being carried around by avid photo fans in Japan
(Tokyo, at least)... I see a lot of MZ-7s carried around by older men/women
probably due to its compact size but you also see older, retired men hefting
around the N/C pro bodies.

I've got a friend from Seattle coming out this weekend and it's going to be
fun to try and loosen his purse strings on some new toys... ;-)

Cheers,

Jeff

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.