Alan wrote:

> I think not. Just how many Pentax users in the world would pay that much or
> even more? We are not talking about Nikon or Canon.

I believe the idea that no one will pay for expensive camera thats not Nikon or Canon
is wrong. Anyway, it would be disastrous for any manufacturer to subscribe to this
theory. Furthermore, the market for expensive cameras is huge. Its mostly a matter of
convention; if Pentax don't make expensive cameras for awhile then people assume
Pentaxes are cheap. The convention is also changing. My local camera shop never have
EOS3 or F100 at display; they have probably never sold one. However, they sell loads
of equally priced digital P&S to causual consumers. This proves that the consumer will
pay what it cost to get what he wants. When digital get an even firmer hold on the
market, people will accept even more a higher price on cameras. It can even be
expected that those who stay with film will be the enthusiasts, willing to pay for a
camera, and the poor ones who can't afford digital.
Also, Pentax have the largest selection of professional, expensive lenses besides
Nikon and Canon. They have far more than Minolta. It wouldn't be surprised if their
high-end stuff outnumbers Canon. The Limited lenses are sales succeses even though
they are very expensive for what they do, I believe the market is there.

Pål

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.