Bob Wroe:

> I've got to agree with Peter.  I've looked at demographics in the USA
>professionally, and the USA is generally and specifically very rich.

This is not correct when compared with other western societies. 1 million in prison
3-5 million homeless is just a symptomatic tip of the iceberg. There are a large
middle class and many stinkin rich but no western countries have anything remotely the
percentages of poor as the US. Hence, the number of consumer divided by population is
significantly smaller in the US than countries its natural to compare with. The US
makes up for this by size. Whats more, Pentax market share is much lower in the US
compared to many other markets. Also, theres a much tougher price competition in the
US than most other places reducing profit. Hence, I believe the US market isn't that
important to Pentax.

Pål

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.