On 28 Jan 2001, at 0:21, Pål Jensen wrote:

> REPLY:
> There is indeed a difference between SMC coatings from different eras. Lately,
> however, Pentax seems to use different coating for different lenses. Eg,
> FA-series lenses may vary widely in coating properties. An example: The FA*
> 85/1.4 and 77 Limited have a dark violet color while the FA* 200/4 ED IF Macro
> show a greenish color tint with no hint of violet. Its apparent to me that
> Pentax uses coatings with different properties for these lenses.

It is known that Carl Zeiss employ individual coating formulas to each
element in each lens design in order to balance transmittance
characteristics (ie colour) lens to lens since varying glass types are used.
Might Pentax be employing similar techniques?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110