Hi Jan

Thanks very much for your help here. A couple more questions and notes.....

> Note however that in the two examples above, 2.8->2.0 is a full f-stop
difference
> (+1 EV) while 2.8->3.5 is only half a stop (- 1/2 EV) ...

I don't understand this part. Can you elaborate further?

> And since your MZ-M is a manual camera, it only affects the readout of the
meter,
> changing the compensation-dial on a manual camera without changing
aperture (f-stop) or
> shutter (time) doesn't change the exposure at all ...

No, the ZX-M has full auto exposure program plus aperture and shutter
priority settings, and also motor wind and advance. Only the focusing is
manual. (Best of this type around, which is why I bought it...)
So the EV adjustment would actually do the changes when camera is set on
auto and shutter priority modes. Only when set on manual or aperture
priority would I actually have to physically change the aperture ring, I
believe.

> >From the 1st example above, it would indicate 'correct' exposure at f 2.0
while it
> is really one stop overexposing at that point (which is what you want,
right ?).

I'm not sure about that. Yes, the overexposure is what I want here. But with
EV + 1 set would perhaps the camera still indicate a correct exposure at
f2.8, while actually over exposing one EV to 2.0? I don't really know what
the meter does show here, but it will be easy enough for me to check it out
anyway.

Thanks again,
Skip