Dan Scott wrote:
 When someone comes along
> looking for something interesting to shoot, their interest in you is
> most likely in exploiting your misery for their benefit.
>
> I think that is wrong.

I disagree. I shoot street people every now and then. I always pay them
quite well, usually five US dollars. I talk to them about their
situation and their aspirations. I have found that almost all are very
pleased to be able to earn a few dollars as a model, and that many are
anxious to talk to someone. I shot this fellow at night on a Santa
Monica, California street corner. He's there all the time, and we have
spoken on several occassions. You can see the five dollar bill in is
hands. http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=800895&size=lg
Paul