Can digital beat 6x7?

I thought the denizens of the PDML might be interested in these comments
from my friend Michael Reichmann, who runs the Luminous Landscape website
and publishes "The Video Journal," a photography magazine on DVD. I have
Michael's permission to quote from his private e-mails:

I'm using a Canon 1Ds. The most remarkable photographic product I've
ever owned. Almost large format image quality from 35mm. It's hard not
to sound too enthusiastic about it.

I sold my Pentax 645 outfit when I got the 1Ds. No contest.

I have hung on to the Pentax 67 for the past couple of months, but with
every test I did, including side by side shoots the 1Ds images always
came out on top; resolution, colour purity, grain, everything.

So last week I took it all to my favourite online dealer and he's going
to be selling it for me.

I'm hanging on to my Hasselblad XPan and M Leica gear. Other than that
I'm now all digital.
<<<<

Michael favorably reviewed both the Pentax 645N and 67 on his site, and has
used both extensively in the field along with his previous Rollei 6008
system. In parallel, he was going digital with the D30 when it came out.

By the way, when Michael says "every test I did, including side by side
shoots," he really means it--he actually runs the tests and looks at the
results. In my experience of him, he truly has no particular axe to grind.

Looks like it's really getting to be a new world now.

--Mike